Account Switch Kit for Checking and Savings Accounts
Switching your account to Apple Bank is fast and easy. To begin, follow the three simple steps below. When you reach Step 3, print, complete and deliver the convenient forms provided and start moving your money to Apple Bank today.
Step 1. Open your new Apple Bank account.
- Please visit the branch location most convenient for you to open your account.
- Please bring the following items with you:
- Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number
- Two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID, such as a current driver’s license or passport
- Minimum opening deposit of $100 to open your checking account. Savings accounts may be opened with as little as $100 (for selected accounts). Speak to an Apple banker or visit Personal Banking or Business Banking to learn more about our checking and savings accounts and other products.
Step 2. Stop using your old checking account.
- Be sure to leave enough money in your old checking account to allow any outstanding checks and automatic payments to clear when you register for Online Banking.
- When all outstanding items have cleared, you’re ready to close your old account.
- If you have Online Banking and Bill Pay service with your old account, print your existing payee screens and use this information to set up your Apple Bank Online Bill Pay service when you register for Online Banking. Please note the payee name, address, phone number and account number. Click the convenient buttons below to view our Online Banking Demo and to register for Online Banking.
Step 3. Complete and deliver the following forms.
- Change Payroll Direct Deposit. Complete this form if you have direct deposit of your pay.
- Change Benefit Direct Deposit. Complete this form if you have direct deposit of retirement or pension funds, Social Security payments, or military or other government benefits.
- Change Automatic Payments. Complete this form if you have automatic withdrawals coming out of your checking account for mortgage, auto or other loan payments; homeowner’s, auto or life insurance payments; utility, phone or cable bills; or other automatic payments. Please include all providers that use your old account number or debit card number and any online automatic payment accounts.
- Close Account. Once all checks and transactions have cleared, and all your automatic credits/debits have been changed, use this form to contact your previous financial institution to close your old account and have the outstanding balance sent to you. Be sure to destroy your unused checks and deposit slips, as well as old ATM and debit cards.
It’s that easy! If you have questions during any part of this process, please contact your Apple banker or call CustomerLine at 914-902-2775.