Here’s what you need to know about payments being distributed in mid-March.
Through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (also referred to as the COVID-19 relief act), eligible individuals will receive a third Economic Impact Payment (EIP). Eligible recipients will receive up to $1,400.
Here’s what you need to know:
Check the IRS website to find out if you’ll be receiving a payment in round 3.
- Not everyone who received payments in Rounds 1 and 2 will get one in Round 3.
Congress raised the income cap, so even if you received a payment last time, you may not get one this time. The IRS will determine who will receive payments based on the adjusted gross incomes (AGIs) reported in 2019 or 2020 tax returns.
- Here’s who will be eligible to receive a Round 3 payment:
- Individuals who reported an AGI of $75,000 or less will be eligible to receive the full payment of $1,400. Those with AGIs between $75,000 and $80,000 will be eligible to receive a partial or phased out payment.
- Heads of household who reported $112,500 or less will be eligible to receive $1,400. A head of a household with an AGI greater than $112,500 but less than $120,000 will be eligible to receive a partial or phased out payment.
- Married couples who file taxes jointly or those filing as a qualifying widow or widower with AGIs of $150,000 or less will be eligible to receive $2,800.
- If you and your partner have an AGI greater than $150,000 but less than $160,000, you’ll be eligible to receive a partial or phased out payment. Eligible taxpayers will receive an additional $1,400 for each qualifying dependent claimed on a tax return.
- Here’s who will not be eligible to receive a payment in Round 3:
- Single filers with AGIs greater than $80,000
- Heads of household with AGIs greater than $120,000
- Couples filing jointly with AGIs greater than $160,000
- If you are eligible to receive a payment:
- The IRS will be distributing payments in waves. You may get your payment direct deposit posted with an effective date as early as March 17.
- Paper checks should be mailed sometime after March 17.
- Track your payment using the IRS’ Get My Payment portal.
| You’ll receive your EIP through direct deposit if:
|| You’ll receive your EIP through paper check if:
- You previously provided account information to the IRS
- Payments will be posted to your account as “TAX REF” with code TAXEIP3. Use Apple Bank Digital Banking to track payments to your account in real time.
- If you have not previously provided account information to the IRS, you should receive this next payment as a check or, in some instances, a debit card. Please watch your mail carefully during this period.
- IMPORTANT: Economic Impact Payment checks cannot be deposited through Apple Bank ATMs. They must be deposited at a branch or through our mobile banking app (subject to daily mobile remote deposit limits.)
Still not sure how to expect your payment? Track it through the IRS’ Get My Payment tool.
- You should make sure the IRS has your correct information. In previous rounds of EIPs, some payments were sent to accountants, tax preparers or outdated bank accounts by mistake. The IRS took steps to correct this issue, but if you are eligible for a Round 3 payment, use the IRS’ Get My Payment to track it.
- It may take a few weeks for you to receive your payment. If your neighbor or relative received a payment, but you didn’t, it could be on the way. The IRS will distribute payments over a few weeks. If you’re eligible, check the status of your payment using the IRS’s Get My Payment tool.
Watch out for EIP fraud. Learn more about protecting yourself from scams.
How to Track Your Payment
The easiest way to track your payment is by visiting IRS.gov/GetMyPayment
In addition to tracking your payment through the IRS:
- Watch your account in real time 24/7 with Apple Bank Digital Banking on applebank.com or on our app. Enroll now if you haven’t signed up. Our Online Banking Guides give you step-by-step illustrated enrollment instructions.
- Use our automated telephone banking service 24/7 to check your account: 914-902-2775 (or out of NY state: 800-722-6888). After selecting English or Spanish, press 1. TDD: 800-824-0710
Tips to manage your EIP
- Securely deposit your Economic Impact Payment with the Mobile Remote Deposit feature on the Apple Bank mobile app, if you received a paper check. You cannot deposit your EIP at an Apple Bank ATM.
- Set up a History Alert in Digital Banking to receive deposit notifications. In Digital Banking, choose "Alerts" from the menu and navigate to "History Alerts". Choose the "Credit Transaction" option, and follow the prompts to receive a notification when any deposit or credit is posted to your selected deposit account.
- Set up a budget and track your spending with our free tool. Use the Personal Financial Management tool in Digital Banking to set up a budget and track your spending.
- See all your financial accounts in one place with Account Aggregation. Monitor all your financial institution accounts with ease when you sign up for the account aggregation tool in Digital Banking.
Get Answers to Your Questions from the IRS
Visit the IRS FAQ
page to get answers to your questions regarding eligibility, amount, timing and method of your Economic Impact Payment and more.
When can I expect to receive my Economic Impact Payment in my Apple Bank account?
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers from Apple Bank
The IRS will be distributing payments in waves. You may get your payment as early as March 17. The IRS will direct deposit Economic Impact Payments if you have previously provided account information to the IRS.
When will I receive a paper check?
Paper checks will be mailed some time after March 17. Track your payment using the IRS’ Get My Payment portal.
Is there a way to deposit my Economic Impact Payment check without going to an Apple Bank branch?
Yes. Enroll in Apple Bank Digital Banking and download the Mobile App. Use the Mobile Deposit feature on the App to securely deposit checks up to the daily check limit. Just use the camera on your device to take a picture of your check, and follow the prompts.
What is Apple Bank’s routing and transit number for direct deposit of government checks, payroll and pension checks?
Apple Bank’s routing and transit number is 226070584.
I am not an Apple Bank customer. Can I cash my Economic Impact Payment check at Apple Bank?
Apple Bank cashes/deposits checks for Apple Bank customers only. You may open a deposit account at any convenient Apple Bank branch. Visit applebank.com/hours to see open branches and hours.
What can I do to protect myself from scams?
What is Apple Bank doing to assist customers affected by COVID-19?
- Look for the term "Economic Impact Payment:" Scammers may emphasize the words "stimulus check" or "stimulus payment." The official term is Economic Impact Payment (EIP).
- Do not provide personal information to unknown/unsolicited sources. Ask for verification before submitting anything. Scammers may tell you to sign over your EIP check to them. Apple Bank will never ask you to do that.
- Reject offers to help process your EIP: Avoid any offer – on social media, in person or otherwise – from anyone who claims that they can help you get your EIP faster.
- Beware of odd check amounts: Scammers may mail bogus checks in odd amounts with instructions to cash it by calling a number or verifying personal information online. Report these checks immediately to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).
If you believe you were a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 914-902-2775 (TDD: 800-824-0710) so we can assist you to protect your accounts.
Please visit applebank.com/inform to learn how Apple Bank is assisting our community and customers affected by COVID-19.