Apple Bank is here to help you prepare for, and receive, your upcoming Economic Impact Payment (EIP).
Through the Consolidations Appropriations Act of 2021, the Internal Revenue Service is scheduled to deliver a second round of Economic Impact Payments.
Eligible recipients will receive up to $600.00 for single filers and $1,200.00 for joint filers, with an additional $600.00 per qualifying dependent.
Update 1/12/2021: The IRS recently made banks aware of a continuing issue with the distribution of Economic Impact Payments (EIP) being sent to Accountants or Tax Preparers if taxpayers previously directed tax refunds to them. For the latest information from the IRS, visit irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments.
- Direct deposit payments are expected to be released beginning January 4, 2021 if you have previously provided account information to the IRS.
- You may see the direct deposit payments as "pending" in your account before the official payment date of January 4, 2021.
- Paper checks are expected to be issued on or around January 15, 2021, but may be issued sooner.
- If you received the initial EIP earlier this year, but not through direct deposit, you should receive this next payment as a check or, in some instances, a debit card. Please watch your mail carefully during this period.
For more detailed information, visit IRS.gov/eip
Watch out for EIP fraud – learn more about protecting yourself from scams.
How to Track Your Payment
The easiest way to track your payment is by visiting IRS.gov/GetMyPayment
But after that, to avoid calling and having to wait on hold:
- Watch your account in real time 24/7 with Apple Bank Digital Banking on AppleBank.com or on our app. Enroll now if you haven’t signed up. Our Online Banking Guides give you step-by-step illustrated enrollment instructions.
- Use our automated telephone banking service 24/7 to check your account: 914-902-2775 (or out of NY state: 800-722-6888). After selecting English or Spanish, press 1. TDD: 800-824-0710
Tips to manage your EIP
- Securely deposit your Economic Impact Payment with the Mobile Remote Deposit feature on the Apple Bank mobile app if you received a paper check.
- Set up a History Alert in Digital Banking to receive deposit notifications. In Digital Banking, choose Alerts from the menu and navigate to History Alerts. Choose the Credit Transaction option, and follow the prompts to receive a notification when any deposit or credit is posted to your selected deposit account.
- Set up a budget and track your spending with our free tool. Use the Personal Financial Management tool in Digital Banking to set up a budget and track your spending.
- See all your financial accounts in one place with Account Aggregation. Monitor all your financial institution accounts with ease when you sign up for the account aggregation tool in Digital Banking.
Get Answers to Your Questions from the IRS
Visit the IRS FAQ
page to get answers to your questions regarding eligibility, amount, timing and method of your Economic Impact Payment, and more.
When can I expect to receive my Economic Impact Payment in my Apple Bank account?
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers from Apple Bank
The IRS will direct deposit Economic Impact Payments if you have previously provided account information to the IRS. Payments will be posted to your account as “TAX REF” with code XXTAXEIP2. Use Apple Bank Digital Banking
to track payments to your account in real time.
When will I receive a paper check?
Based on the latest information we have, we expect mailed checks may be received as soon as January 6, 2020. They will be mailed to your 2019 address of record with the IRS. Please refer to the IRS FAQ
Is there a way to deposit my Economic Impact Payment check without going to an Apple Bank branch?
in Apple Bank Digital Banking and download the Mobile App. Use the Mobile Deposit feature on the App to securely deposit checks up to the daily check limit. Just use the camera on your device to take a picture of your check, and follow the prompts. You may also deposit a paper check at any Apple Bank ATM. Visit applebank.com/hours
to see ATM availability.
What is Apple Bank’s routing and transit number for direct deposit of government checks, payroll and pension checks?
Apple Bank’s routing and transit number is 226070584.
I am not an Apple Bank customer. Can I cash my Economic Impact Payment check at Apple Bank?
Apple Bank cashes/deposits checks for Apple Bank customers only. You may open a deposit account at any convenient Apple Bank branch. Visit applebank.com/hours
to see open branches and hours.
What can I do to protect myself from scams?
What is Apple Bank doing to assist customers affected by COVID-19?
- Look for the term "Economic Impact Payment:" Scammers may emphasize the words "stimulus check" or "stimulus payment." The official term is Economic Impact Payment (EIP).
- Do not provide personal information to unknown/unsolicited sources. Ask for verification before submitting anything. Scammers may tell you to sign over your EIP check to them. Apple Bank will never ask you to do that.
- Reject offers to help process your EIP: Avoid any offer – on social media, in person or otherwise – from anyone who claims that they can help you get your EIP faster.
- Beware of odd check amounts: Scammers may mail bogus checks in odd amounts with instructions to cash it by calling a number or verifying personal information online. Report these checks immediately to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).
If you believe you were a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 914-902-2775 (TDD: 800-824-0710) so we can assist you to protect your accounts.
Please visit applebank.com/inform
to learn how Apple Bank is assisting our community and customers affected by COVID-19.