Standing Strong Together and Serving Our Diverse Communities
A message from Steve Bush, CEO
Apple Bank’s founding core values – meet the needs of our customers and strive to improve the quality of life in our communities – have never been more important than now. As it has done for 157 years, Apple Bank remains deeply committed to the welfare of the diverse communities that we serve, and embraces diversity, inclusion and racial equality. Over the years and especially now, we continue our commitment to support initiatives that promote economic, educational and career success for minority communities.
We are proud to report that over half of our branches serve low-to-moderate income communities. We invest in and/or engage in partnerships to promote affordable housing, lending to small businesses, economic growth, financial education, and other philanthropic initiatives. These initiatives include the Long Island Racial Equity Fund and the New York Forward Loan Fund, both of which are designed to revitalize neighborhoods, create inclusive growth and drive greater economic opportunity for minority groups. Apple Bank takes great pride in the diversity of its customers and employees, and we stand strong in our commitment to recruit minorities and provide them with a career path to access economic advancement.
As New York City and its surrounding communities continue to recover from the pandemic, our branch staff has exercised incredible diligence in keeping our branches open and safely serving customers. At the same time, our customers have exhibited intense loyalty and patience with us during this very trying time.
We are proud to have served thousands with their banking needs and are continuing to help customers facing financial hardship as a result of the pandemic. We have made grants to community organizations, assisted small businesses in obtaining Payroll Protection Program loans, and provided capital to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs). CDFIs assist small businesses impacted by COVID-19 by providing loans and technical assistance. We have also reached out proactively to make grants to local food banks in our communities.
New Yorkers are known for their strength and resilience during challenging times. While the current environment presents unprecedented challenges, I am confident that New Yorkers’ indomitable toughness and spirit will prevail. In line with our core values, Apple Bank will support our customers and the community with continuous service in a safe environment and continue investing in our diverse neighborhoods.
Apple Bank is here for you. We will continue to stand strong, together.
Chairman, President & CEO
Meeting Your Current Banking Needs
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees is our priority. Our branches are open to provide safe continuity of service to you as we work to resume normal operations. We observe CDC guidance and take necessary safety precautions in our branches to ensure our customers and employees can continue to bank safely.
Apple Bank Participates in the New York Forward Loan Fund
Apple Bank is a participating investor in the New York Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF)*, a new economic recovery loan program supporting New York State small businesses, nonprofits, and small landlords facing COVID-19-related hardship. Read press release
- Determine eligibility, and begin the application process for the NY Forward Loan Fund*, by visiting www.nyloanfund.com. This is the only method to apply.
Assisting Customers Facing Hardship
Apple Bank always stands ready to support our customers who are experiencing hardship.
- Savings and Money Market Accountholders: Unlimited Convenience Transfers/Withdrawals and No Excess Transaction Fees. The Federal Reserve Board has eliminated the six-per-month transfer limitations on savings and money market accounts. Apple Bank savings and money market accountholders may make unlimited transfers and withdrawals, providing easy access to funds during the pandemic. Excess Transaction fees will not be applied at this time.
- Apple Bank Residential Mortgage Customers. If you have an Apple Bank residential mortgage being serviced by Dovenmuehle Mortgage Inc. (DMI), and are facing hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact DMI directly at www.dovenmuehle.com, or at 1-888-442-0023 (Domestic) or 847-550-7300 (Overseas). A Dovenmuehle specialist will work with you directly on hardship circumstances and potential forbearance options.
- Customers with Apple Bank credit cards issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha. If you have an Apple Bank-branded credit card, issued and serviced by First Bankcard, and are facing hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact First Bankcard directly at www.firstbankcard.com, or at 1-855-550-9125. A First Bankcard specialist will work with you directly on hardship circumstances.
- Retirement Plan Contributions and Distributions Under the CARES Act. Get answers to CARES Act retirement questions in our FAQ.
Providing Answers to Your Questions
View our Frequently Asked Questions to learn how Apple Bank is responding to questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Also visit the FDIC’s customer FAQ page.
Cleanliness and Prevention
Apple Bank is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-recommended protocols to disinfect and prevent the spread of infection. Visit www.cdc.gov for updates and necessary precautions to reduce your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
Beware of Scams
Fraudsters are constantly creating new scams, especially in times of uncertainty. Their main objective is to convince you to share your personal financial information, such as account numbers, user IDs and passwords. Be alert for suspicious emails and text messages attempting to impersonate Apple Bank, and do not respond, click links, or open attachments. Apple Bank will never contact you requesting personal or banking information via email or phone. Please forward any suspicious emails you receive that may be attempting to impersonate Apple Bank to email@example.com, so we can immediately investigate them. Read helpful tips
If you believe you were a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 914-902-2775 so we can assist to protect your accounts. Our TDD number is 800-824-0710.
*NY Forward Loans are subject to eligibility confirmation, underwriting review, NYFLF terms and requirements, and availability of funds. Funds are limited. Apple Bank and the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) lender participants are not affiliates. CDFI lenders will make their own, independent credit decisions, and are solely responsible for offerings, as well as the privacy, security, and accessibility standards of their websites.