A message from Steve Bush, CEO
Since 1863, Apple Bank has remained committed to its core values – meet the needs of our customers and strive to improve the quality of life in our communities. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, Apple Bank remains deeply committed to the welfare of our employees, customers and all the communities we serve.
During this unprecedented time, the Bank is ensuring continuity of services to our customers and communities. Operations are up and fully engaged across all areas of the Bank, including our branches and call center. We have successfully shifted the majority of our administrative employees to work remotely. However, we may have to periodically close certain branch locations in accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance and to observe safety requirements to protect our customers and employees. Please regularly check applebank.com/hours
for the latest updates on branch openings, closings and operating hours.
Navigating these uncharted waters has required New Yorkers to come together for the greater good. Apple Bank will continue to do whatever is necessary to uphold our core values. If you are facing hardship during these uncertain times, we are ready to identify solutions for you, such as reimbursing ATM fees and overdraft fees, and waiving penalties on early withdrawals from your CDs.
Stay well, and thank you for being an Apple Bank customer.
Chairman, President & CEO
Meeting Your Current Banking Needs
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees is our priority. Apple Bank is closely monitoring updates about COVID-19 and is actively taking measures to help keep our customers and employees healthy and safe.
Assisting Customers Facing Hardship
Apple Bank always stands ready to support our customers who are experiencing hardship.
- Set Up Direct Deposit for Fast and Safe Access to Your Funds. Whether you are expecting a Stimulus check or receive recurring payments such as Social Security, pension, or payroll, Direct Deposit is the solution. Funds are automatically deposited into your Apple Bank personal checking, savings or money market account.
- Savings and Money Market Accountholders: Temporarily Unlimited Convenience Transfers/Withdrawals and No Excess Transaction Fees. The Federal Reserve Board has temporarily suspended the six-per-month transfer limitations on savings and money market accounts. Apple Bank savings and money market accountholders may make unlimited transfers and withdrawals, providing easy access to funds during the pandemic. Excess Transaction fees will not be applied at this time.
- Fee Reimbursements and Early Withdrawal CD Penalty Waivers. We are working with customers affected by COVID-19 to identify solutions, including reimbursing ATM fees and overdraft fees, and providing CD early withdrawal penalty waivers. If you are facing hardship, please contact Apple Bank’s CustomerLine at 914-902-2775 to speak with a representative for assistance, Monday-Friday 9:00 am-7:00 pm and Saturday/Sunday 9:00 am-1:00 pm. Our TDD number is 800-824-0710.
- Apple Bank Residential Mortgage Customers. If you have an Apple Bank residential mortgage being serviced by Dovenmuehle Mortgage Inc. (DMI), and are facing hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact DMI directly at www.dovenmuehle.com, or at 1-888-442-0023 (Domestic) or 847-550-7300 (Overseas). A Dovenmuehle specialist will work with you directly on hardship circumstances and potential forbearance options.
- Customers with Apple Bank credit cards issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha. If you have an Apple Bank-branded credit card, issued and serviced by First Bankcard, and are facing hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact First Bankcard directly at www.firstbankcard.com, or at 1-855-550-9125. A First Bankcard specialist will work with you directly on hardship circumstances, including potential payment options or fee reimbursements.
- Is Apple Bank providing small business loans under the CARES Act Small Business Administration ("SBA") lending programs, such as the Paycheck Protection Program? Apple Bank has teamed up with Pursuit to support our small business customers by providing access to the CARES Act Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Visit applebank.com/ppp for details.
- Retirement Plan Contributions and Distributions Under the CARES Act. Get answers to CARES Act retirement questions in our FAQ.
Providing Answers to Your Questions
View our Frequently Asked Questions to learn how Apple Bank is responding to questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some common banking questions we hear from our customers include:
- Why is my neighborhood branch closed?
We’re doing everything possible to keep our branches open. However, in some locations you may find only ATM or drive-up service available, due to staffing issues and the need to enforce social distancing rules.Please check here for an up-to-date summary of open branches, ATMs, drive-up service and hours of operation.
- Will I still receive my federal government Social Security benefits?
Yes. The Social Security Administration is mailing checks or directly depositing Social Security benefits to recipients, as usual. For customers who have selected electronic deposit, your monthly Social Security benefits will continue to be posted to your account upon receipt by Apple Bank. If you elected to receive your benefit checks by mail, you may bring those checks into any open Apple Bank branch, or deposit your checks at an open and available Apple Bank ATM. Stay updated about what the Social Security Administration is doing during the COVID-19 pandemic at www.ssa.gov/coronavirus.
- What is Apple Bank’s routing and transit number for direct deposit of paychecks or government checks?
Apple Bank’s ABA routing and transit number is 226070584.
- How can I access my safe deposit box?
Full-access branches open to the public Monday-Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm will continue to serve safe deposit box customers, as usual. Closed branches, or branches limited to drive-up service, will provide customer access to safe deposit boxes by appointment only. View our open and closed branches and ATMs.
Cleanliness and Prevention
Apple Bank is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC)-recommended protocols to disinfect and prevent the spread of infection.
What You Can Do
- Use Apple Bank Online and Mobile Banking – the Safest Way to Bank Right Now. We are here to provide the assistance you need to enroll and set up services to pay your bills. Our Digital Banking specialists are ready to assist and walk you through enrollment and/or service setup steps. Contact us at 914-902-2775. Our TDD number is 800-824-0710.
- Contact CustomerLine. We are here to answer your questions and assist with hardships you are facing related to COVID-19, without leaving the safety of your home. Contact us at 914-902-2775, before making a trip to the branch. Our TDD number is 800-824-0710.
- Take Personal Precautions. Visit www.cdc.gov for updates and necessary precautions to reduce your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
- Beware of Scams. Fraudsters are constantly creating new scams, especially in times of uncertainty. Their main objective is to convince you to share your personal financial information, such as account numbers, user IDs and passwords. Be alert for suspicious emails and text messages attempting to impersonate Apple Bank, and do not respond, click links, or open attachments. Apple Bank will never ask you for personal or banking information via email or phone. Learn more If you believe you were a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 914-902-2775 so we can assist to protect your accounts. Our TDD number is 800-824-0710.