Economic Impact Relief Payments
Helping you prepare for your payment
Apple Bank is here to help you prepare for, and receive, your government stimulus payment. Our money management tools help you stay ready.
Take These Steps to Be Prepared
- See your stimulus payment in real time with Digital Banking if you have Direct Deposit. Right now, banking from home is the safest way to manage your money. Access your accounts, verify transactions, pay bills, transfer funds among your other Apple Bank accounts and more with our Digital Banking service. Our Online Banking Guides give you step-by-step illustrated enrollment instructions. Enroll now
- Once enrolled, download the Apple Bank mobile app for even more banking convenience.
- Securely deposit your stimulus check with the Mobile Remote Deposit feature on the Apple Bank mobile app.
- Set up a History Alert in Digital Banking to receive stimulus deposit notification. In Digital Banking, choose Alerts from the menu and navigate to History Alerts. Choose the Credit Transaction option, and follow the prompts to receive a notification when any deposit or credit is posted to your selected deposit account.
- Set up a budget and track your spending with our free tool. Use the Personal Financial Management tool in Digital Banking to set up a budget and track your expenditures. Your expenditures may be different, and this tool is an easy way to stay on track.
- See all your financial accounts in one place with Account Aggregation. Monitor all your financial institution accounts with ease when you sign up for the account aggregation tool in Digital Banking.
Get Answers to Your Questions from the IRS
Visit the IRS FAQ
page to get answers to your questions regarding eligibility, amount, timing and method of your stimulus payment, and more.
When can I expect to receive my stimulus payment in my Apple Bank account?
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers from Apple Bank
Beginning April 15, 2020, the IRS will begin direct depositing stimulus payments if the taxpayer has previously provided account information to the IRS. Payments will come in waves. Stimulus payments will be posted to your account as “TAX REF” in your account history. Use Apple Bank Digital Banking
to track payment to your account in real time.
When will I receive a paper check?
Economic stimulus payment checks will be mailed daily starting on Saturday, April 18, 2020. The next wave of payments were mailed out at the end of April and should be received in early May. Please refer to the IRS FAQ
Is there a way to deposit my stimulus check without going to an Apple Bank branch?
in Apple Bank Digital Banking and download the Mobile App. Use the Mobile Deposit feature on the App to securely deposit checks up to the daily check limit. Just use the camera on your device to take a picture of your check, and follow the prompts. You may also deposit a paper check at any convenient Apple Bank ATM. Visit applebank.com/hours
to see ATM availability.
What is Apple Bank’s routing and transit number for direct deposit of government checks, payroll and pension checks?
Apple Bank’s routing and transit number is 226070584.
I am not an Apple Bank customer. Can I cash my economic impact payment check at Apple Bank?
Apple Bank cashes/deposits checks for Apple Bank customers only. You may open a checking account at any convenient Apple Bank branch. Visit applebank.com/hours
to see open branches and hours.
I’m hearing a lot about scams – what can I do to protect myself?
Apple Bank will never ask you for personal or banking information via email or phone
. The main objective of fraud scams is to convince you to share your personal financial information, such as account numbers, user IDs and passwords. Don’t fall for scams asking for personal information in a phone call, email or text to “sign up” for your stimulus check or receive “quick access” to your money. The IRS does not require you to sign up for anything to receive your payment. Be alert for suspicious emails and text messages and do not respond, click links or open attachments. Learn more
If you believe you were a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 914-902-2775 so we can assist you to protect your accounts.
What is Apple Bank doing to assist customers affected by COVID-19?
Please visit applebank.com/inform
to learn more.